Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tutu and Dog Hair



For Emily's birthday I decided I wanted to make her a tutu for dress up. Emily is great at, and enjoys imaginary play a lot, so I thought this would be a fun gift. I've never made a tutu before, so I got online and watched a couple of videos on youtube, went to Walmart and picked out some tulle and ribbon, and made a tutu and some hair flower clips. I loved how it turned out, and Emily seemed to like it too.

Other news in our house...Molly got a hair cut. Actually a lot of hair cut, the groomer said that the hair they cut off Molly was equal to all the hair they cut off all the other dogs that day combined, and they were busy. Molly had a double coat of long hair, and spent most all of her days laying around the house panting. So we had her shaved, and she looks like a new dog. She plays a lot more now, and isn't panting like she used to. Hopefully she'll be more comfortable this summer compared to previous summers. Here are her before and after pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! that is a HUGE difference! Molly almost looks like a Lab now! I'm sure she is loving it! And you did an amazing job on that tutu!! If we see you guys soon you will have to teach me how to make one...I just love it!