Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Eleanor's Birth






On November 1st I woke up at 3:30 am in mild labor. I was scheduled that day to be induced because I was over a week over my due date. We went into the hospital at 6:00 am, but I wasn't dilated or effaced much, so they went ahead and induced me. They gave me pills every four hours that were meant to soften the cervix, and bring on contractions. My contractions that had started early that morning continued, and worsened throughout that day, and into the next. While we waited I walked the halls of the hospital, we played some games, and watched a little bit of a movie. It took a very long time, and I was lucky to have Stephen and Mom there helping me. In the evening the contractions had gotten worse enough that I had them give me some pain medication, then finally at 5:00 am the next morning I was far enough along that they gave me an epidural. After that I was able to get some sleep, and my labor was able to progress. Towards the end the epidural wasn't working on my left side, and I was able to feel the contractions, which helped in me knowing when they were coming, and when to push. Delivery was an amazing experience. They set up a mirror so that I could see, which helped me to know what to do. I loved getting to see her born! Eleanor Naomi Fremming was born at 11:26 am November 2nd. She weighed 6 lbs 12 oz, and was 20 in long. She was beautiful from birth. After she came out, Stephen cut the umbilical cord, they wiped her off, then laid her on my chest. She was calm and just looked around for a long time. I loved just looking at her. Both Stephen and I cried just looking at her, and feeling so blessed to be able to have this baby. She was born pink skinned, and had long dark hair. Stephen's parents came in to see her right after she was born, and my dad came up that night to see her. All of our family were excited for her birth. I am so grateful to have gotten to have the wonderful experience of giving birth to Eleanor. It was had, but extremely worth it. We love her.

No comments: